Living Systems Design provides 4 service categories:
1. “Consultation” consists of either an initial visit and interview to begin a design process (see below), or a dense informational session in which we walk and analyze the site in order to help a client articulate her goals and provide as much insight as possible to help her plan the details of the landscape herself.
2.“Design” describes a process, usually taking place over 3 to 18 months (depending on the property size and other variables). During this time we work separately as a design group and together with the client for multiple sessions in order to refine a detailed, long-term plan. This plan includes elements such as buildings, roads, earth-shaping, energy systems, water systems, plantings, animals and social infrastructure, as well as budget, a phased installation time-line, and other supporting documents.
3. “Education” ranges from information that we convey during consultation or design sessions, to private tutoring in specific permaculture topics, to public classes and workshops of different depths for a wide array of audiences.
4. “Project support” is a unique offering in which we help the landowner to locate, interview and select contractors, oversee real-time installations, source rare materials, develop specialized management methods and supporting documents, and provide any other post-design services necessary for the real life actualization of the project’s vision.
Permaculture and Whole Systems design and consulting for:
- Any scale from Home-sites to green developments
- Education and training
- Edible and medicinal landscapes
- Orchards and vineyards
- Energy and water conservation
- Rain-gardens, cisterns and ponds
- Forest Gardening Mushroom cultivation and myco-restoration
- Siting roads and home-sites
- Income generation strategies
- Village and community development
- Land restoration
- Greening schoolyards and playscapes
- Restoring local economies
- Site development supervision