I just received the link to a document called Permaculture in Action Big Picture Ideas where Zev Friedman and Dylan Ryals-Hamilton articulated not only their teaching goals for this class but also their vision for the greater good they intend from Permaculture in Action 2012.
In case you just heard, Zev and Dylan are the creators of this innovative format for making permaculture available to more people while rapidly increasing the number of functioning permaculture features in the Asheville area.
I was really moved by what I read and they reminded me of why the Permaculture movement is capturing the attention of people across the globe and the spectrum of positive change.
Here’s a little sample of Zev and Dylan’s vision for this course:
- Head/heart/hand integration, INSPIRE everybody who is engaged, whether students, landowners, teachers, panelists”
- Educating community at large about broader scope of permaculture beyond typical perceptions
- Instilling ethics and values of caring for times beyond our own (future generations)
- Making the economic/jobs training connection- helping people to see creative niches for income creation doing meaningful work that’s networked through whole systems understanding
- Emphasizing the metaphor of Permaculture systems to social and cultural systems